1/7 Photos of Baked Beef and Veggies With Rice
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I took out beef mince for dinner tonight, but had no idea what I was going to do with it. Here's what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 5 large mushrooms, sliced
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 14.79 ml tomato paste (puree)
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml red chili pepper, finely minced
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml red wine (beef stock may also be used)
- 59.14 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 1In a large oven-proof fry pan (I use cast iron), brown the beef until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. If the beef is really lean, add a little oil to the pan so it doesn't stick.
- 2Stir in the grated garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Remove beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside. Do not drain the pan.
- 4Add the onion and pepper to the pan and saute until onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook another 5-7 minutes.
- 5In the meantime, mix together the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chili pepper, brown sugar and wine.
- 6Return the meat to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- 7Add the tomato mixture and stir to combine.
- 8Lower heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. If mixture seems dry, add some more wine.
- 9While mixture is simmering, preheat your oven to 190C/375°F.
- 10Put the pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle the cheese over top and return to oven for a further 5-10 minutes until cheese melts and starts to turn golden.
- 12Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- 13Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Beef and Veggies With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 202.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g