Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
No this isn't the 'real' animal, but a variation of Beavertails® pastries sold at the Winter Carnivals here in Canada.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast (quick rising)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Place ingredients for dough in breadmaker on dough setting.
- Once dough cycle is completed, remove and cover for 10 minutes.
- Form into 8 balls.
- Roll each ball to 1/4 inch thickness in an oval shape.
- Place on parchment paper on baking sheets, cover and allow to rest 15 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter, and top with mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 20 minutes 350F oven.
- Remove and ENJOY!
I've never had real Beaver Tails, despite being a died in the wool Canadian. I made them today as my daughter had planned to go to Wonderland and her plans fell through. She really wanted a Beaver Tail, so I made a batch to placate her. I only had a nibble, but it did taste wonderful. She assured me that they were amazing and she wants me to make them again soon. The texture is lovely. I made the dough in my bread machine.
So... i made a half recipe. A) not so good... B) they didn't rise.
...i mean they were tasty when i put cinnamon sugar and lemon juice on, but ya... baking issues, i was confused with the instructions. I encourage you to try them and post your review.!
These were DELICIOUS! Ive never had the "real" Beaver tails so I cant compare them to the real deal, but these were soo good!!