Recipe by looneytunesfan
Top Review by Biasi4
Excellent flavor & consistency! I made this for a Hawaiian wedding potluck I halved the recipe, using two cans Bush Country-style baked beans. Personally, I think it was THE best dish on the table (okay, so I might be just a wee bit prejudiced!).
- 1 lb bacon, strips diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (55 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. In a very large bowl, combine the beans, pineapple, bacon and onion. Combine brown sugar and ketchup; stir into the bean mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickeness.