Recipe by DianeNJ
A delicious blend of beans from cans and ground meat with the all the ingredients to make a rich baked bean delight that everyone will rave about.
- 2 (28 ounce) cansbush's original baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhite cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (drained)
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 lb ground beef (ground turkey can be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- brown bacon in frying pan till brown and crisp. Remove and let drain on paper towels. Drain grease from pan. Add ground meat and onion and cook until browned and onion is soft. While this is cooking cut the bacon in small pieces(8ths). Add bacon back into meat and heat all together to blend flavors. Remove from stove and drain as much grease as possible leaving a scant amount for flavor.
- In a a large bowl combine all the beans. Add the meat mixture and mix well. Add ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Mix well and pour ingredients into a large casserole dish, bean pot or stoneware baking dish. They seem to taste best cooked in a crock just like in the old days. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins to 1 hour bubbling hot. Time varies with the size and shape of the bakeware.