This is a recipe I got from the local paper but made some adjustments. I wanted to keep track of it, went to Ukraine this summer and wanted to bring it with as a sample of "American Food" I like the fact there are very few ingredients. My Ukrainian friends commented how "tasty" the beans were.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and sort Beans. Put in a large Pot.
- 2Add 8 cups of cold water and let stand overnight or at least 8 hours.
- 3Drain and rinse beans and pour back in large pot or bean pot.
- 4Add rest of ingredients.
- 5Generously cover with water.
- 6If baking in a bean pot, bake for 3-4 hours at 300 degrees.
- 7If cooking on top of stove, simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours until beans are tender.
- 8Add more water if necessary during cooking time.
- 9Add more salt, pepper and brown sugar if necessary, to taste.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Beans With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 372.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 15.7 g