Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An excellent side dish when your grilling burgers, chicken etc.
- 1 (21 ounce) canoven baked beans
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I like Jack Daniel's mustard with horseradish)
- In medium pan combine all ingredients.
- Cook at medium heat until heated through (about 15 min.) and flavors have blended.
Served these tonight with grilled hot dogs. Loved the different twist these ingredients added to a can of baked beans. I didn't have the Jack Daniels mustard - but I did add about 1/4 tsp of creamy horseradish with the prepared mustard. And I had to substitute peach preserves for the apricot as that's what I had on hand. This beats warmed up canned beans any day. Thank-you for sharing!
Made this recipe exactly as directed (right down to the Jack Daniels mustard with horseradish) and it was just wonderful! Served it as a side at our Autumn party, and it was gone in no time. Towards serving time, I did add a bit more worchestershire, though, and I thought it was great. Wonderful, unusual beans that I'll make often - thanks, Denise!