Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great side dish with Bar-B-Que or any spicy dish. It has a sweet, tangy, full rich flavor. It's quick to prepare and ready for the table in minutes.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork & beans, Drained
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 8 slices bacon
- Fry bacon until crispy, allow to cool then break into pieces, add to pork & beans.
- Add all remaining ingredints to the pork & bean mixture, stir and bake for 20 minutes at 350.
I loved these, but DH didn't care for them. He doesn't like sweet relish, so I cut the amount in half, but he was still able to detect it! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
Great recipe when you crave baked beans and need a quick last-minute addition to a meal. I used slightly less horseradish because I didn't want the flavor to overpower. It turned out great.
Pretty darn good, and easy too! what's missing is fresh garlic, so I added some in...thanks Parsley!...Kitten:)