Recipe by Rita~
This is thick, hearty, sweet, and spicy comfort food feeds a crowd. Great for those outdoor parties.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Loved this one with the chipotle. This will be my go to for beans. Made the recipe for 4 and used a chipotle BBQ sauce I had made. Added pear as I didn't have pineapple.
- 5 lbs pork and beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 cherry pepper, diced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, diced
- 1 lb chunk pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground mustard