Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I saw this recipe on Paula Deen and gave it a try and it's the best baked beans I have ever eaten. I did replace a few ingredients to suit my style.
- 2 (16 ounce) cansvan camps pork and beans
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons french yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 slices black pepper bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine first seven ingredients, stir well.
- Lightly spray Pam in a medium size casserole dish and pour in bean mixture.
- Place slices of bacon over top of beans.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake extra 15 minutes.
- Note: You can drain one can of pork & beans to keep it from having too much liquid in dish.
This is the same as Paula Deen's except she calls for "1/2 pound bacon strips cut into 1/2-inch pieces". I just thought I would mention that here rather than post a near-duplicate recipe.
I Followed Paulas original recipe for this and used 1/2lb diced bacon, 1/4 cup ketchup, and no worchestire sauce. Next time I'll saute the onion before adding it. Thanks for posting!
Loved the strong flavor, but had to reduce sweetness radically. 1 TBS each, maple syrup and brown sugar was sweet enough for us.