Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Made this up for a back yard BBQ, playing a little corn hole and Italian Lawn Bowling!
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups hunts ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Brown the bacon in a skillet until it is half way done, set aside on a paper towel to drain. Mix the mustard,ketchup,onion,pepper,brown sugar,honey,liquid smoke,hot sauce and seasoned salt in a large bowl and make sure to blend smooth .Add the beans and blend in the sauce very well.
- Preheat oven at 325. Pour into a 13x9 inch baking dish cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.Serve and enjoy!
I wasn't sure if the bacon was supposed to be chopped and put in the beans, or laid on top to get crisp. I chose to mix it with the beans. I baked mine at 350 degrees, and uncovered them at the end to reduce the liquid. I drained my beans before mixing with the sauce as well. I made as posted except I reduced the hot sauce, because I was serving this to my son and knew he wouldn't like the beans that hot. I enjoyed these beans, but my son and guest were not crazy about them. Made for Bargain Basement 2011.