Recipe by Divaconviva
From sister-in-law to sister-in-law, and then from friend-to-friend, Brenda passed this recipe to me! The combo of three varieties of beans in a savory, tangy-sweet sauce makes this bean dish disappear like a magic act!
Top Review by theresa.pochatko
I made these for my daughter's graduation party and they were probably the most talked about dish served.Everyone loved them and I had requests for the recipe from family and friends. The sauce has just the right amount of sweetness and the combination of the different beans make the taste and texture fabulous!! I will be using this one again and again! Thanks for the submitting this recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, Drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, Drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Farenheit.
- Brown and drain the ground beef, bacon and onion in large skillet.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- Add all remaining ingredients, stirring to mix well.
- Pour bean/meat mixture into baking pan.
- Bake at 350 Degrees Farenheit for 1 Hour 15 Minutes.