Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From sister-in-law to sister-in-law, and then from friend-to-friend, Brenda passed this recipe to me! The combo of three varieties of beans in a savory, tangy-sweet sauce makes this bean dish disappear like a magic act!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, Drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, Drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Farenheit.
- Brown and drain the ground beef, bacon and onion in large skillet.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- Add all remaining ingredients, stirring to mix well.
- Pour bean/meat mixture into baking pan.
- Bake at 350 Degrees Farenheit for 1 Hour 15 Minutes.
I made these for my daughter's graduation party and they were probably the most talked about dish served.Everyone loved them and I had requests for the recipe from family and friends. The sauce has just the right amount of sweetness and the combination of the different beans make the taste and texture fabulous!! I will be using this one again and again! Thanks for the submitting this recipe!
I make a baked bean dish that is very similar to this. I used Great Northern beans in place of the butter beans because that was what I had on hand. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. I took this to a July 4th cookout and it was a huge hit. My friend's husband told me he went back for 3 helpings! Made for ZWT4 Family Picks.
I used 1 lb dried navy beans, which I cooked. I found that I needed to double the sauce for the amount of beans (I had no idea what the equivalent would be in cans.) Delicious! My husband thought it needed some bar-b-que sauce, but I thought they were perfect as is. For ZWT4 family picks. Flying Duchess'