Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a Weber Grill leaflet. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Baked Beans - on the Grill recipe from Food.com.
- Mix pork and beans, brown sugar, dry mustard, molasses, onion, ketchup, salt and pepper together.
- Pour mixture into an oven-proof casserole dish or foil pan.
- Cover top of beans with bacon.
- Place casserole on cooking grill and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from grill and stir lightly before serving.
This has been a summer staple for every bbq, picnic or potluck I've participated in; for 30 years. It's one of the recipes I used to prepare when I demonstrated Weber grills across the region. I change two elements of the recipe 1. I drain the liquid from the canned beans, leave them wet but not swimming in the canned sauce - when served, the beans will cover the surface of the plate like a gravy if you don't. 2. I saute the onions in 1/4 cup butter before I put them in the beans....yyyyyuuuuuummmy! Enjoy!