1/2 Photos of Baked Beans in Clay Pot
12 hrs 4 mins
These are my baked beans I have been making for years.I just discovered how perfect they are baked in a clay pot. These are great to make and freeze in individual containers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak beans in cold water overnight. Drain. Cover with fresh cold water. Heat to boiling point then simmer 30 minutes. Drain reserving 1½ Cups cooking water.
- 2In medium bowl mix ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, salt, pepper and cooking water and add another 1/2 cup water.
- 3In a clay pot,cast iron or crockery pot, layer 1/3 bacon slices,onions, beans and ketchup mixture.
- 4Repeat ending with beans. Cover with remaining bacon slices. Put lid on pot and bake in a 250* oven for about 8 hours.
- 5With clay cooker you put the pot in a cold oven; heat to 400*. After 30 minutes reduce heat to 300*.Cook for 3 hours; reduce heat to 250* for another 1/2 hour.
- 6Serve with a boiled potatoes, ham, fresh bread and ketchup,.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Beans in Clay Pot
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 1054.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g