Recipe by Merlot
These are my all-time favorite baked beans (and I've tried plenty). "It Don't Get any Better Than This".
Top Review by bratty
Really great beans Merlot! I love tomato soup, and it added just the right flavor without tasting soupy, if that makes sense! I made them as the recipe read, except i left out the ground beef, only because i served them with hamburgers, i'll make them with the ground beef next time. The mixture of beans was also great. i'll definately make these again.
- 1 (30 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2-1 lb bacon
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- When cooled, break up into small pieces.
- In the bacon grease, cook ground beef and onions until beef is no longer pink.
- Mix all the ingredients together, stir well.
- Pour in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
- (You can use either all baked beans, all butter beans, or a combination).
- These are sweet baked beans. You may cut back or eliminate the brown sugar according to your tastes.