Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are my all-time favorite baked beans (and I've tried plenty). "It Don't Get any Better Than This".
- Fry bacon.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- When cooled, break up into small pieces.
- In the bacon grease, cook ground beef and onions until beef is no longer pink.
- Mix all the ingredients together, stir well.
- Pour in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
- (You can use either all baked beans, all butter beans, or a combination).
- These are sweet baked beans. You may cut back or eliminate the brown sugar according to your tastes.
Really great beans Merlot! I love tomato soup, and it added just the right flavor without tasting soupy, if that makes sense! I made them as the recipe read, except i left out the ground beef, only because i served them with hamburgers, i'll make them with the ground beef next time. The mixture of beans was also great. i'll definately make these again.
Oh Lady! You have a gooood recipe! Yes I meant the "good" to look that way!I will be making this recipe over and over. I used the pork and beans,and the butter beans.From now on I will just use the pork and beans.This recipe will be great for a cookout. Thanks so much Merlot for sharing :0)
My family prefers butter beans so I used all 3 cans of butter beans instead of the pork & beans. The crowd went wild! I had to promise to never make baked beans any other way.