Recipe by lindseylcw
From Brit Spice by Manju Malhi my favourite Indian/British cook. This recipe turns an ordinary snack into something really tasty and satisfying, and makes you want more curry for dinner!!
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
We enjoyed this, however, I think I would have enjoyed it more, had I not burnt the onions! Interesting mix of flavors. Will definitely make again...and this time, I'll keep an eye on the onions! Thanks linds!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green chili
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 14 ounces vegetarian baked beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan.
- put in the chopped onion and fry for 1 minute.
- add seeded and chopped chilli and cook for a couple of mins stirring continuously until onion begins to turn golden brown.
- add spices and fry for another minute.
- add beans reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- taste and season if necessary.
- serve hot with toast or chapatis, naan or pita bread.
- stir in a knob of butter at end of cooking if creamier taste is required.