Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mom's shortcut to baked beans. The pineapple is my addition. It does not take long to make, and no heating up the house with the oven.
- 2 (1 lb) cans pork and beans
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 slices bacon
- Fry bacon till crispy in a medium saucepan. Remove bacon leaving bacon grease in pan.
- Mix all ingredients in same saucepan as bacon grease.
- Simmer on low heat about 30 minutes.
- Crumble bacon over top finished beans.
- Serve hot.
I made this dish for our Christmas dinner and I will definitely make it in the future.
I would highly recommend this recipe, it will definitely be a repeat at our house. I did put the bacon back into the beans rather than on top, other that that I followed the recipe as posted. Darlene, your addition of the pineapple was a great idea.