Recipe by Kate in Ontario
This is an easy and tasty dish to take to a pot luck. I am always asked for the recipe. It is an adapted recipe from the Company's Coming cookbook series.
Top Review by kebkej
This is a great recipe. I've used Mixed beans, garbanzos, and kidney beans. Also omitted the sugar and used chili sauce instead of Worchestershire. It's a very flexible and tasty dish.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (19 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium sized pot with no stick spray.
- Add oil enough to barely cover and add onions- sauté slowly until just soft Place in medium sized casserole.
- Add remaining ingredients- stir to mix.
- Bake uncovered in 350°F oven for 1 1/2 hours or until bubbly, stirring once or twice.