Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep5 hrs 30 mins
Cook4 hrs 40 mins
- Rinse beans until water comes clean, place beans in a large bowl and cover with water let soak for 5 hours keep water.
- preheat oven to 200°F.
- In bottom of casserole dish or roasting pan place slivered bacon and cook until crisp on top of stove.
- Add beans, onion, garlic cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Combine all other ingredients in separate bowl, mix well then add to baking dish with other mixture.
- Mix all ingredients well, add enough of the saved water to cover, do not throw out remaining water, as beans cook more water may be needed.
- Cook covered for 4 1/2 hours at 200°F, stir occasionally to prevent sticking, add water at these times when needed.