Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Do you like sweets? If you do you will love this recipe.
- 2 lbs dark brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 (3 quart) can pork and beans
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- In sauce pan, fry bacon.
- When cooked but still soft, add diced peppers, garlic and onion.
- Cook till translucent, add ketchup worcestershire sauce and mustard and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar and simmer, stirring often.
- Rinse the pork and beans to remove the sauce [canned sauce is not real food discard it] and add to the sauce that you have made and simmer till hot and bubbly.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Yum! Yum! Yum! These baked beans are so good! I made it for a party of 50. I had MANY people ask for the recipe. I directed them here. I made it with Dijon mustard. Yummy! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll definitely use it again.
I made this for 4th of July neighborhood cookout. It was really delicious. I did cut the sugar in half, used Jardine's barbeque sauce (about 1 cup) and Kraft's sweet onion mustard. Then baked the beans in the oven for one hour. My husband, who swore he would never eat beans ever again in his life, loved them...said they tasted more like sweet potatoes than beans! Thanks for the recipe.
This is the Best recipe for Baked beans I have ever tasted. It was really simple too. Try it!