Recipe by Julie in TX
I adopted this recipe because it's almost exactly the way I make baked beans. I have been known to use a can of white beans with the pork n beans. I also add about 1 teaspoon of mustard to mine. I bake mine in a 350 degree oven uncovered until the bacon is crispy and the apples are tender.
Top Review by Bergy
I like to try recipes that have slightly different combinations of ingredients and this recipe caught my eye. I used a spicy BBQ sauce and instead of bacon I buried two bratwurst in the bean mixture. Baked it in a 350 Oven, uncovered for 45 minutes. I shoild point out that the bratwurst that I puchase at a local butcher have no fat in them so there is no grease to worry about while cooking Loved it thanks for posting Julie in TX
- 2 cups pork & beans
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup tart apple (granny smith)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 8 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pork and beans and place into oven-proof bowl.
- Chop onion and apples and add to beans.
- Also add Bar-B-Que sauce, brown sugar and rasins.
- Mix together and lay bacon strips on top.
- Place in covered grill and bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.