Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A recipe I have had for several years. Try using the optional smoked pork neck bones for a really great added flavor!!!
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon (cut into 1" pieces)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 large onion (sliced thin)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses (available at most food stores)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes (crushed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 -3 pieces smoked pork neck bones (optional)
- Fry bacon and remove from pan Briefly saute onion and garlic in bacon grease Add remaining ingredients in a dutch oven or casserole dish Stir in bacon, onion, garlic and bacon grease Add smoked pork (optional) Bake covered in oven at 300 degrees for 2-3 hrs until thick and bubbly.