Recipe by kellib626
This is a great recipe for barbecues and potlucks. Very easy to make ahead of time.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
A variation on what we usually call "calico beans" or "ranch style beans," this one is bacon-rich and nicely balanced. Ours came out pretty soupy, although it did thicken after standing for an hour or so; it's possible I may have overdone the ketchup. Delicious in any case, and easy to put together.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon with onion, drain. Break bacon into small pieces.
- In 2 quart baking dish, combine pork and beans, kidney beans, and lima beans. Add bacon and onion. Mix in ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, tabasco, and worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.