Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe for barbecues and potlucks. Very easy to make ahead of time.
- 453.59 g bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can pork and beans
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained
- 425.24 g can lima beans, drained
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 0 1 cup brown sugar
- 14.79 ml mustard
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Brown bacon with onion, drain. Break bacon into small pieces.
- In 2 quart baking dish, combine pork and beans, kidney beans, and lima beans. Add bacon and onion. Mix in ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, tabasco, and worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
A variation on what we usually call "calico beans" or "ranch style beans," this one is bacon-rich and nicely balanced. Ours came out pretty soupy, although it did thicken after standing for an hour or so; it's possible I may have overdone the ketchup. Delicious in any case, and easy to put together.