Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found the basic recipe in a magazine and "tweaked it" with green chiles to call it my own.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (feel free to add more or less according to your own taste)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices bacon (cooked crisp &crumbled)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (drained)
- In a 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish, combine all items.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
We loved these. It was so easy and quick. There were 3 of us when they came out of the oven and we polished them off in no time. Made for Circus Photo Forum.
This is just so easy to make when one does not have time to do Baked Beans! Made as posted and looking to make it again using some minced onion and maybe green peppers although we liked the kick from the green chilies. Thinking to do as one of your reviewers and use the crockpot - great to come in after a long day to the kitchen filled with the aroma of baked beans and supper ready for the table. Thank you - I too will make this one again.
This was so easy and scrumptious. I used minced onions instead of green chiles. (I like onions). I'm glad I finally made it and will using this recipe again.