Recipe by CindiJ
Posting this in response to a request from my sons and their families. This is one of those recipes that I've never measured prior to this posting. I've always "eye-balled" the ingredients. Feel free to adjust to suit your own tastes.
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (dried or fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar (2 handfuls)
- 3⁄4-1 cup catsup
- 3 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in beans. Stir in onion and mustard. Sprinkle brown sugar over the beans. Pour katsup evenly over the top and lay bacon slices over the katsup.
- Bake in 375º oven for 45-60 minutes or until desired consistency is met.
- *Options: Use Poupon Mustard, Spicy Brown or plain yellow mustard for different tastes.
- Cut bacon into 2" pieces and lay over the katsup. Use peppered bacon, thick sliced or turkey bacon.
- If you like your beans sweeter, add more brown sugar and katsup. I usually use 1 cup katsup on our beans as we tend to like them a bit thicker.