Recipe by PACE
A very quick and easy recipe. I have made it on several occations and they went over big time. A very complimentary dish to serve with BBQ.
Top Review by Ian Magary
I looked into the cabinet, and to my dismay... No baked beans. I was in a rush and had the rest of the dinner already underway, so I quickly looked up a recipe and this one caught my eye. I only had kidney and pinto beans, moreover I was interested in how to make a quick sauce. I made a smaller version of this recipe eyeballing the sauce ingredients as I went. Thanks to your recipe, the beans turned out fabulous! Everyone, including the little one went back for seconds! Thanks!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings, crumble and set aside in a large bowl. Cook the onion and garlic in the reserved drippings until onion is tender; drain excess grease and transfer to the bowl with the bacon.
- To the bacon and onions add pinto beans, northern beans, baked beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans. Stir in ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and black pepper. Mix well and transfer to a 9x12 inch casserole dish.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.