Recipe by Sue Lau
Easy to make without the bother of cooking beans from scratch. Goes great with pulled-pork sandwiches and bbq ribs! Be sure to make plenty for your next cookout, cause they'll go fast!
Top Review by Teresa K.
Wonderful recipe! My husband loves baked beans with his ribs, and I when I went to my pantry I found every other bean except baked beans. I hopped on Food.com and found this recipe- it is now my go to recipe for baked beans. Husband loved these better than the doctored can baked beans I usually make! So easy to make!
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until fat is rendered and lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain fat; save 2 tbsp.
- fat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in beans, sugar, molasses, bbq sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place bean mixture in an oven-proof baking dish or casserole; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Alternatively, they can be cooked on a bbq grill, away from the flames or coals, approximately 30 minutes, or until thick.