Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to make without the bother of cooking beans from scratch. Goes great with pulled-pork sandwiches and bbq ribs! Be sure to make plenty for your next cookout, cause they'll go fast!
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until fat is rendered and lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain fat; save 2 tbsp.
- fat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in beans, sugar, molasses, bbq sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place bean mixture in an oven-proof baking dish or casserole; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Alternatively, they can be cooked on a bbq grill, away from the flames or coals, approximately 30 minutes, or until thick.
Wonderful recipe! My husband loves baked beans with his ribs, and I when I went to my pantry I found every other bean except baked beans. I hopped on Food.com and found this recipe- it is now my go to recipe for baked beans. Husband loved these better than the doctored can baked beans I usually make! So easy to make!
We loved these quick and easy to make beans they were sweet, spicy and tangy, so flavorful and packed full of great textures. I made this recipe, exactly as written, and I wouldn`t change a thing, Thanks for sharing. Made for What`s on the Menu Tag Gane
Yay! A baked beans recipe where the first ingredient is NOT baked beans! Yay! <br/><br/>Perfect. DH wanted baked beans "from scratch", three hours before dinner. This did the trick. Used one can pinto and one can great northern and he raved about it. <br/><br/>Thanks!