Recipe by www.bootie
This is one of my families favorite. I make this dish at all family gatherings.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar, according to your taste
- 1 -2 cup barbecue sauce, according to your taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onions, garlic.Season with your favorite seasonings. I love herbs so I use different herbs each time. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients including ground beef together. Taste test for your approval. Add more if you feel you need it. careful with the sugar. Pour into baking dish. Be sure to leave room in the dish to avoid spillage.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350.
- Sometimes I cut up raw bacon and stir into mixture instead of using ground beef. this eliminates browning. Good either way you choose.
- I like mine to cook until the sauce thickens. I don't care for runny baked beans.