Recipe by Karin Bee
These are the only baked beans that my family eats. They are made with bacon and Velveeta cheese,and are always a huge hit at picnics and get togethers.
Top Review by loof
These baked beans were good! The sauce had a very nice flavor. My Velveeta stayed in chunks and didn't melt as I thought it would - I may try stirring halfway through next time. All in all a nice and easy side dish that we all enjoyed!
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 2 (11 ounce) canscampbells pork and beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, chunked