Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are the only baked beans that my family eats. They are made with bacon and Velveeta cheese,and are always a huge hit at picnics and get togethers.
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 2 (11 ounce) canscampbells pork and beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, chunked
- Cook onion and bacon together until onion is soft.
- Mix everything together and put into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minute.
These baked beans were good! The sauce had a very nice flavor. My Velveeta stayed in chunks and didn't melt as I thought it would - I may try stirring halfway through next time. All in all a nice and easy side dish that we all enjoyed!
I hate baked beans and I loved this recipe. Who knew baked beans could actually be good? This is such a good combination of ingredients-I wouln't change a thing!
Wow, These are great! SO cheesy and delicious! I'll definately make these again, Thank you!!