Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from Marjorie Cottom, one of my best friends who died of cancer in 2001. It is very good and fast.
- 1190.67 g heinz pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, finely diced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml tomato base barbecue sauce (Kraft)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml frenchs prepared mustard
- .Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all together in casserole.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes.
- Then bake covered for another 30 minutes.
- Note: Make sure that the BBQ sauce you use is a family favourite, I always use Kraft Original for this recipe and comes out the way we like it, and that is why I shared the recipe. . Even though it only has one quarter of a cup it can make or break this recipe.
A long overdue review on this one - it's another of those recipes that has seen to a good many makings yet not seen to a review. Trying to duplicate a recipe served at a local event I gave this one a try - making as posted and also with pineapple as served at the summer supper made and served by volunteers. So easily put together and as Dotty2 has already said - has tons of flavor. Thank you for sharing Marjorie's recipe.
A very simple recipe with a ton of flavor. The flavors blended so well. Repeats? You bet there will be. I also look forward to making this in the summer. Another great recipe andypandy.