Recipe by momstar
After many years of trying many baked bean recipes, I tried this and it is my family's favorite. You cant miss with this one.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Made these for a bar b q with friends and it was great. Loved all the flavors, kind of sweet but not to much just what I was looking for. So easy and ingrediants I had on hand. I did change the prep a little, sauted the onions and bacon together then put all in a cassarole dish, covered with shredded cheese and baked in the oven. YUM, everyone loved it.
- 1⁄2 lb thick slab bacon, thickly sliced and chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 (32 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven, add the chopped bacon and cook over medium heat until the fat begins to render, (do not drain grease).
- Add baked beans, ketchup, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, and honey and bring to a boil to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat slightly to mantain a simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until flavors are combined.