Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I'm not a fan of baked beans, but I love these. Now this is the baked beans my neighbors friends and family make. I love crock pot recipes. I usually triple this recipe.
- 5 slices bacon, fried and crumpled
- 32 ounces baked beans, drained
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (hickory smoked)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Rinse and drain beans. Mix all ingredients in crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- (on high 2-3 hours).
My husband loved this...I thought it was a little sweet for my taste. My bbq sauce was thick so I had to add water while cooking. Very good recipe and quick!!! I doubled the recipe and used 2 lbs of pinto beans I cooked.
These were really wonderful tasting! I wasn't sure what type of baked beans to use as there are so many on the market. I just found some hickory flavored baked beans and went with that, I figured it would add to the hickory taste of the barbecue sauce. I loved the idea of just throwing it in the crock-pot. Thanks Melody H.....