- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 3 tablespoons unsulfured light molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add chili powder and mustard and stir 1 minute.
- Add water, beans, tomatoes with their juices and molasses.
- Simmer soup 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up large chunks of tomatoes with back of spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.