Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a recipe card set of twenty plus years ago it's deliciously different and a great addition to a picnic basket. I've also made this up as a side dish to a meal of baked ham and steamed broccoli. Either way it's a keeper in our family.
- 595.33 g can baked beans
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled & seeded
- 118.29 ml stuffed green olive, sliced
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 59.16-88.74 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled & sliced
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (optional)
- Drain beans and place into a large bowl.
- Cut tomatoes into strip, about 1/3 in thick. Add to bowl with beans. Add olives and green onion. Fold together carefully.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard; slowly whisk in the oil until an emulsified mixture is formed. Add salt & pepper and mix well.
- Pour dressing over vegetables. Fold together until well blended.
- Before serving, garnish with sliced egg and a sprig of parsley if used.
WOW this is GREAT! I wasn't sure what to expect with cold baked beans but it seemed easy and I needed something to take to a salad potluck. This was several people's favorite out of 4 things I brought. The ingredients go very well together and it is nice for a hot summers day. I used a 28oz can of Bush's vegetarian baked beans. I chopped the tomatoes. I used pre-sliced pimento stuffed olives and the 4T of oil. I also chopped the egg up and sprinkled it on top. Thanks for this recipe...I'll be making it again!