1/2 Photos of Baked Bean Salad
Julie B's Hive's Note:
From a recipe card set of twenty plus years ago it's deliciously different and a great addition to a picnic basket. I've also made this up as a side dish to a meal of baked ham and steamed broccoli. Either way it's a keeper in our family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (21 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled & seeded
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled & sliced
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Drain beans and place into a large bowl.
- 2Cut tomatoes into strip, about 1/3 in thick. Add to bowl with beans. Add olives and green onion. Fold together carefully.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard; slowly whisk in the oil until an emulsified mixture is formed. Add salt & pepper and mix well.
- 4Pour dressing over vegetables. Fold together until well blended.
- 5Before serving, garnish with sliced egg and a sprig of parsley if used.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 707.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives