Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another recipe that I got from a mother from my son's preschool. I've tried this and it is really easy to make and honestly tastes like home-made "baked all day" stuff! I did tweak it just a bit for our taste -- like by adding molasses...But anyway, it's very filling and the kids love it when I make this with a side of cornbread. Very good!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 (31 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups hickory smoked flavor barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground chuck with the onion until done. Drain fat.
- Drain 1 can pork 'n beans, kidney beans and lima beans. Add all beans into the meat mixture and pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Add bacon, BBQ sauce, sugar, vinegar, molasses, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour in a preheated 350 degree oven.
Scrumptious! I used 1/2 lb. lean ground beef, 1 large onion, only 2 slices of bacon (to cut fat a little) and black beans instead of limas. All I had was Kraft original BBQ sauce, so I added 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke. Served this with "Best Honey Cornbread", #80427 and my DH wanted thirds, too!! Thanks for this!
All I can say is yummy! I threw in some fresh minced garlic with the ground beef, and used 1 large onion, I omitted the lima beans, and made this with homemade BBQ sauce. DH was asking for thirds lol! what a great recipe, thanks so much for sharing, we loved it! Kitten:)