A lady at work told me about this recipe. Good for teaching kids to cook - and makes a tasty & filling meal.
- 8 sheets instant no-boil lasagna noodles (the no-pre cooking kind)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (like cheddar)
- 825 g baked beans (any kind, we like SPC Rich Tomato)
- 250 g bottled cheese pasta sauce (three cheeses or cabonara etc) (optional)
- For Vegetarian be sure your baked beans are Vegetarian.
- Spray a 10cm x 20 cm x 8 cm loaf tin with olive oil spray (or line with silicone paper).
- In a large mixing bowl mix together 1 cup grated cheese & baked beans. (reserve the remaining 1/2 cup for the topping).
- Spoon a layer of thin bean mix to cover the bottom of the tin - then drizzle with approx 2 tablespoons of the Cabonara sauce (we will need 1/2 a cup remaining for the topping).
- Add a layer of layer of Lasagna sheet (my tin takes 1 whole sheet & I break 1/4 of another to fill in the gaps).
- Repeat above to create the layers.
- On the final layer spoon the remaining Cabonara sauce & sprinkle with the cheese (in our house - it doesn't matter if it is the bean or pasta layer - you can choose).
- Bake 180 c for 1 hour.