Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is easy, cheap, and delicious! Kids and adults alike both love it. Great for Potlucks, and only takes about 10 minutes to throw together!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put beans into large baking pan.
- Slice hot dogs into 1/2 inch slices and add to beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While bean and hot dog mixture is in the oven,Mix cornbread mix, milk, eggs, creamed corn, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Once bean and hot dog mixture has baked for 15-20 minutes, spread cornbread mixture gently on top to cover.
- Bake for 20-30 additional minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
- Cornbread will be moist because of corn, so don't overcook.
This was a fun casserole. It was pretty good. Kids would probably love it!
I liked this mainly because it was something different, it was quick and, it was easy--perfect for a football game on a Sunday afternoon. I had to turn up the heat and cook it for a full 30 minutes. I also used regular corn, instead of creamed corn. The one thing I will do differently next time I make this is make sure the two layers are more equal by thinning out the cornbread as much as possible; too much bread, and not enough of the beans and dogs. I topped mine with ketchup, which really added flavor and gave it the corndog taste. Great recipe!