This is easy, cheap, and delicious! Kids and adults alike both love it. Great for Potlucks, and only takes about 10 minutes to throw together!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put beans into large baking pan.
- Slice hot dogs into 1/2 inch slices and add to beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While bean and hot dog mixture is in the oven,Mix cornbread mix, milk, eggs, creamed corn, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Once bean and hot dog mixture has baked for 15-20 minutes, spread cornbread mixture gently on top to cover.
- Bake for 20-30 additional minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
- Cornbread will be moist because of corn, so don't overcook.
This was a fun casserole. It was pretty good. Kids would probably love it!
I liked this mainly because it was something different, it was quick and, it was easy--perfect for a football game on a Sunday afternoon. I had to turn up the heat and cook it for a full 30 minutes. I also used regular corn, instead of creamed corn. The one thing I will do differently next time I make this is make sure the two layers are more equal by thinning out the cornbread as much as possible; too much bread, and not enough of the beans and dogs. I topped mine with ketchup, which really added flavor and gave it the corndog taste. Great recipe!