3 hrs 30 mins
4-H Mom's Note:
This recipe came from a cookbook I got from the cookbook swap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a large kettle, combine beans and water. Bring to boil for 2 minutes, remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 1 hour. Do not drain.
- 3Add celery, carrots, bouillion cubes and salt. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- 4meanwhile , roll sausage pieces into small balls, saute in a large skillet until browned. Remove sausage. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper, brown in drippings. Remove chicken.
- 5Saute onion, add tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce. Drain beans, reserving liquid. Combine all ingredients, except chicken and bean liquid, in a greased 6 quart Dutch oven .
- 6Top with chicken pieces. Pour 1 1/2 cups reserved bean liquid over casserole, sprinkle with paprika.
- 7Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Bean Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.4
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 1185.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 36.8 g