Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe came from a cookbook I got from the cookbook swap.
Make and share this Baked Bean Cassoulet recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large kettle, combine beans and water. Bring to boil for 2 minutes, remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 1 hour. Do not drain.
- Add celery, carrots, bouillion cubes and salt. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- meanwhile , roll sausage pieces into small balls, saute in a large skillet until browned. Remove sausage. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper, brown in drippings. Remove chicken.
- Saute onion, add tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce. Drain beans, reserving liquid. Combine all ingredients, except chicken and bean liquid, in a greased 6 quart Dutch oven .
- Top with chicken pieces. Pour 1 1/2 cups reserved bean liquid over casserole, sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.