Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe is from Trisha Yearwood/Food Network. I love baked beans, but have never used ground beef. This recipe sounds really good.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cut into pieces (cooked)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, onions and bell peppers. Add the pork and beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar to the mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle the bacon over the top of the casserole. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Talk about comfort food, this was a first for us and we loved it!!! Can see I'll be making this again! Made the whole lot so we have yummy leftovers, even better for sitting!! Thank you Nancy, lovely recipe, enjoyed for International Agents of Quest, Southern USA
Like beans? Like bacon? As for me...if the shoe fits, I'll wear both of 'em. One for the Best of 2016 Cookbook.
My DH and I loved this. We only had a green pepper so that is what we used. Definitely would make this again. Made for For your consideration game.