Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful baked bean dish.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (diced)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 (17 ounce) can lima beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet, cook bacon, beef and onion.
- Transfer into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- ,add all of the beans and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir into beef and bean mixture.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
I've been looking for this recipe ever since I sampled it more than 10 years ago. So I made it for a company function and everyone raved over the flavors. The only thing I changed was I used maple syrup instead of molasses. It is absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting!