Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy baked bean recipe that uses canned white beans, not canned baked beans. really easy to make and taste authentic. try 'em i think you will like the final result. Sometimes I add a can of real bacon pieces. You can also skip the first step and put all of the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 (19 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- In a large skillet heat oil.
- Cook chopped onion in oil until golden brown.
- Add brown sugar, molasses, dry mustard powder, ketchup and cider vinegar.
- Cook over low heat until bubbly and mixture is thickened.
- Put beans in a 2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add onion mixture and stir together.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until mixture is bubbly.
This seemed bubbly and done by the time the sauce came out of the skillet. Twenty to thirty minutes in the oven is all mine would handle. One hour dried the beans too much. I skipped the brown sugar as the molasses seemed sweet enough.