Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I used to know somebody who loved these sandwiches and thought it was just weird enough to post here. Lol ;) I would love to hear from people who like this! A British recipe.
- 1 cup vegetarian baked beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts (or peanut butter)
- 1⁄3 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 8 slices of hot buttered toast
- Mash beans and add remaining ingredients except toast.
- Spread between slices of toast.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.
I think the idea for these sandwiches is incredibly creative!! I love baked beans as well as peanuts so thought this would be perfect! This is a great, different sandwich. I omitted the salt and I added a couple of slices of light cheddar to my sandwich. The smoothness of the beans with the crunch of celery and peanuts is great. Next time I may try salsa insead of ketchup as the baked beans as sweet already. Thanks Sharon!
Outstanding flavor! I used Bush's Barbeque beans and didn't drain them. I didn't use celery or added salt. I used a potato masher. This is going to be a frequently-made recipe here!