Recipe by chef stephathena
Rich sweet and tangy good ol fashioned barbecue tofu. For people who love barbecue but don't eat meat.
Top Review by baby8687
It's okay, nothing special. I've only been a vegetarian for about 6 months though, so I can still really notice the different in tofu and actually meat. I recommend not slicing the tofu so thickly, if they're just 1/2 -3/4 inch slices it makes the outer layer firmer.
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- bull eyes barbecue sauce (I like honey barbecue from "Moores")
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tofu in cheesecloth or paper towels.
- Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat tofu with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and salt and pepper.
- Bake until crispy about 35 minutes checking on it and flipping half way through.
- Heat sauce in a separate pan and serve over tofu when done.
- I like to serve this with home made mash potatoes and a green leafy salad YUM!