Recipe by duonyte
By Chef Alison Ladman and published in my local paper. I have not tried this yet, but it sounds good and easy and makes two servings.
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups bay scallops, cleaned (about 16 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, butter, a pinch of salt and the Parmesan. In another small bowl, combine the thyme, garlic, lemon zest, a large pinch of pepper and the cream.
- Divide the bay scallops between two individual gratin dishes. Pour half the cream mixture over each dish, then sprinkle each evenly with the panko mix. At this point, the scallops can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 24 hours or baked immediately.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the gratin dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cream is bubbling all over and the crumbs are browned.