Recipe by Dannygirl
I do not like rice, but I love it this way! This is the only way I will eat it. This recipe is a spin from observing my mom's Iranian friend preparing Basmati on a stove, he added the chicken stock and I thought it added such a great flavour. My sister always prepares rice in the oven with chopped onions and green peppers, so I tried the Basmati that way. I usually serve it with Tikka Masala on top. *Note* This rice is supposed to be "al dente", that s why less water is used.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packets oxo instant chicken bouillon or 4 -6 tablespoons instant chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (I use pre-chopped frozen)
- 1 cup frozen corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with the olive oil.
- Pour in rice then cover with dry chicken stock.
- Pour water on top.
- Add onion and corn and stir.
- Place butter chunks in various spots around the dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350.
- Stir every once in a while so rice on bottom does not burn and rice is evenly crispy on top.