1/2 Photos of Baked Basmati Rice
1 hr 5 mins
I do not like rice, but I love it this way! This is the only way I will eat it. This recipe is a spin from observing my mom's Iranian friend preparing Basmati on a stove, he added the chicken stock and I thought it added such a great flavour. My sister always prepares rice in the oven with chopped onions and green peppers, so I tried the Basmati that way. I usually serve it with Tikka Masala on top. *Note* This rice is supposed to be "al dente", that s why less water is used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with the olive oil.
- 2Pour in rice then cover with dry chicken stock.
- 3Pour water on top.
- 4Add onion and corn and stir.
- 5Place butter chunks in various spots around the dish.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350.
- 7Stir every once in a while so rice on bottom does not burn and rice is evenly crispy on top.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Basmati Rice
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 543.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 8.6 g