Recipe by mummamills
When we trekked up to the gulf a few years back, we had fresh Barra and Salmon nearly every night! (see my web site on my page) Barra doesnt taste as good after its' been frozen, but this recipe is really good! you can use other fish, I use Nile perch these days, cause the Barra ran out :(
for each kilo of barramundi you will need
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 6 medium mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 spring onions, fresh, thick chopped
- 2 tablesppons white wine (water in a pinch)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- spread the carrot over the bottom of a casserole dish that will hold your fish.
- Place the cut lumps of barra over the carrot in a single layer.
- Pour over the wine and cover with the tomatoes, salt and pepper, and the mushrooms and spring onions, (try and cover all the fish).
- Drizzle over the cream.
- Cover tightly with alfoil, and bake for at least 30 minutes at about 180c (moderate oven) then check. It will probably take another 20 mins at 120c.
- It is done when the fish is cooked :).
- Try not to let the liquid boil, as the sauce will curdle, it will still taste great, but it wont look as good.
- Serve with jasmine rice, and 2 green veg.
- Opt, throw in some green prawns or scallops.