Recipe by cooking-BAG
This is the very first cookbook recipe I ever made. My husband gave me Myra Waldo's "Encyclopedia of Cooking" for our first Christmas, and this was the first one I tried. Many of my previous recipes came from grandma's kitchen. This book has been a great friend throughout the years.
- 6 pork chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the fat from the chops and place the chops in a glass or pottery bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, cooking over low heat 5 minutes.
- Pour cooked ingredients over chops and let marinate 1 hour.
- Arrange chops in a shallow dish; pour marinade over them.
- ( I always used my iron dutch oven for this process).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 90 minutes basting occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.